Recipes from Broomfields Apples
Fiona's Delicious Home Made Apple and Cinnamon Pie
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cold full fat or semi skimmed milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon natural salt
- 4 Bramley apples, cored and sliced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons self raising flour
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- Warm oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F
- Pastry: In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, oil, milk, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar and salt until evenly blended. Pat mixture into a Dinner Plate sized pie pan, spreading the pastry evenly over the bottom and up sides. Crimp edges of the dough around the perimeter.
- Filling: Mix together 3/4 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Spread evenly in unbaked pie shell.
- Topping: Using a pastry cutter, mix together 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle over apples.
- Put pie in the oven on a baking tray to catch the juices that may spill over.
- Bake 45 minutes.
More recipes to come soon. If you have any favourite recipes then please email us and we may feature them on the site.